Sunday, September 7, 2008

1st Annual Skirt Chaser 5K 9/6


A Boulder woman designed a skirt for all kinds of sport activity. This year she is sponsoring Skirt Chaser running events in numerous US cities. The uniqueness of this race is that all the women get skirts and start 3 minutes before the guys (skirt chasing), the winner wins $500. A woman won this one and I think are ahead in all the races to date. They had to wait on the ole man for this pic.
Good People--Amanda, Ben and some of their Ft Collins to Steamboat Relay running friends. 700 women runners and only 300 guys. Any single guys looking at this blog--sign up, lots of fit young women.
Good Food--the event didn't offer much-a very small salad and bread. The beer sponsor was Okar Blue from Lyons/Longmont--they were one of first to sell their micro brews in cans. All they brought with them was a very, very hoppy pale ale. As all you beer drinkers know--not too many of us like a hoppy beer. Not very many of the 700 woman liked it and a bunch of us guys drank no more than a taste. So I pigged out on the Whole Foods organic bread and cookies.
Good Exercise--fun race, it was an evening race with a "block party" after near the Cherry Hills mall. I did the 3+ miles averaging 10+ minutes per mile--I thought I would do better, this the same pace I did the 6 mile Bolder Boulder. The killer--it started up hill for it seemed forever (less than a mile)--wow, but at least it was down hill coming home. I may have to stick with cycling--my knee was and is barking at me.
Great Retirement--I am thankful that I have my health to do this!

1 comment:

KJ said...

Was it Dale's Pale Ale? I think it's pretty good, but you're right, probably not the best choice for a 5k geared towards women.