Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gettin" old--I need a donut!

I have said to myself "Don't get old like dad!" Well, I am getting there. The ways of 20, 30 and some 40 somethings these days are really buggin' me.

I was on time at OUR Starbucks to meet my Saturday morning guy that is struggling with marriage, work, beliefs etc. He was late as usual--most of the time he calls. This morning he didn't so I left at 15 after. Well, he called had the usual excuses. Buggin' me #1, the attitude that "It is all about me, thanks for taking your time to meet with me--but, I don't respect your time to be on time attitude!"

Anyway, I went back, the Starbucks was full so we went to Target's Starbucks. It depressed me to watch all the 20, 30 and 40 somethings coming in with their children. At least 90% of them were FAT and so were the kids. Buggin' me #2, parents feeding themselves and their poor innocent children junk food, most kids were drinking some sort of large pop, popcorn (not too bad, but at 9:30 am), candy, donuts etc. A child about 1 or so was chewing gu. his brother had a sucker. Every adult ordered a bazillion calorie drink and pastry. This could be buggin' me #3--all were wearing frumpy sweats, most looked like pajamas-- a couple of kids WERE wearing pajamas. Guess how they will dress when they grow up and go to the store.

AND buggin' me #4, not one parent was talking/interacting with their children!!!! Too busy on their cell phone or texting. Which leads to #5, talking or texting while the clerk is ready to take their order. Of course, most of the others in line don't care because they are too busy to notice the delay.

A friend of mine was fired from Starbucks, recently--he was feed up with waiting for people to get off their cells to order. So as the next one that walked up with a cell in their ear--he picked up his and pretended to be on his, when the person hung up, he motioned--just a minute he is on the phone. We thought it was appropriate and very funny the Starbucks manager--did not!

Well, I got that off my chest--I am getting old and after seeing all those FAT people I don't need a donut.

Don't get me started on buggin' me #6--the illegals in OUR country!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe a trip to a park would help balance it out, although there probably would still be parents on their phones. At least the kids would probably be healthier...

Unknown said...

Oh Curt! So funny but so true. So glad you don't have to be PC on your own blog!