Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good beer, not so good golf course.

The best part of the day was this new beer from Coors. They set aside a small micro brew within Coors to make micro brews ie Blue Moon (which had to move to the main brewery due to popularity, Herman Joseph and Winterfest.

I would compare Colorado Native to Sam Adam's lager. The Native is more flavorful, stronger taste but not as strong as Fat Tire. All Colorado ingredients. To all my out of state beer drinking friends and my son--I'm sorry, it is only available in Colorado. Kevin, I'll bring some in July. Good Beer!!


We played Heather Ridge Country Club golf course yesterday. I didn't know it was there, west of I-225 on Iliff. It is tucked in with lots of condos, townhomes. The course was in pretty good shape, not any room for a stray shots and it was only $20 bucks for 18 holes and electric cart. So what's the comment about "not so good?"

You would think that being a semi private club they would understand customer satisfaction. Or maybe because they are semi private that don't care. The front desk choose to argue with us about a reservation rather than being glad we were there to pay and play. There was no one around, they had just finished a celebrity Red Cross benefit tournament. Finally after arguing with us and them among themselves, a young golf pro told us off to the side that he will work it out and someone came in off the course and offered to let us hit some range balls while we waited, BUT, the front desk vetoed that--saying it was going to be busy at 3:00, it was 1:30--I can't hit that many range balls. At last customer service prevailed--they let us off the back. Would I go back? $20 for golf is a really good deal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, glad you only paid $20!