Sunday, August 10, 2008

Biking the Pouder River


Jan and I got on the Pouder River trial in Ft Collins--turn left once you cross the railroad tracks on the North end of town and take an immediate right to a dirt parking lot. From there we went south to the end-about 8 miles. There is a car turnaround, bathrooms and some raptor cages with eagles, hawks etc. The trail is very flat, mostly concrete, beware that about a mile of it has lots of cracks in the pavement, tough on road bikes.

At the parking lot you can go west to a nice park, more bathrooms and I only went about a mile west--hope to do that route some time.

Some really flat, wide roads south of Loveland near Marian Butte golf course. While I was pedaling along at about 23 on the flat and feeling "good" about myself-- then I got passed in a nano second by 3 riders going I don't know how fast but it was a swoosh, swoosh, swoosh and they were gone. Wow

No comments: