Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Man on His own Meal!

Tonight is Bunco night for Jan--light snacks, wine, lots of conversation and oh yea that do play bunco.

So I a sorta on my own for supper--Costco new york steak grilled medium rear, Olatha corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt, home grown back yard tomatoes several little ones and part of a big one, glass of Charles Shaw cab. Back deck, beautiful sunset, extremely nice weather--God is good!

Before Jan left--those of you that know Jan the helper--she thought I needed help with the corn! Maybe I did--boiling water, corn in for 2 minutes anyway--thanks to her it was just right.

She decided she needed to taste the steak, the tomatoes and of course the corn. Her excuse--too much fat stuff served by the women. And she thought she needed some of my wine too. I was more than willing to share.

Dessert! No chocolate in house--poor planning on our part. That called for another glass of wine.

A football game would have been too much of a MAN meal! Rockies instead.

LIFE IS GOOD!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

too funny! I hope Jan's girl's night was great. I'm glad you had such a yummy dinner!