Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We missed the Gold!

This is the most gold we found--Starbucks in Breck. We traveled through South Park, Kenosa Pass, Breck, and down I-70--lots of bare trees and brown leaves, nothing to take a picture of. The snow must have done it's thing on the leaves. Or last weekend was better. FYI--Guenella Pass is closed at the top so you won't be able to drive over. We took a hike near the top of Hoosier Pass, some snow, wet and we had trouble staying on the path--Sadie loved it.
Ft Collins Oktoberfest--Paul and I are still standing after all this Blue Moon!!!!!! This afternoon, we were looking for some area that we could compete in--pie eating (too old, kids only), yodeling (we couldn't find a good song and the background music was not to our liking), barrel rolling (barrels were too short for us tall guys). So we had a couple of Blue Moons, mom and Kortney tried the pumpkin Blue Moon-more like an ale, kinda sweet. Paul and I visited the Trail Head for cheese fries--to those of you that we have introduced to the cheese fries--they are still the BEST, the Rams lost, then to diner at our new fav Italian restaurant Enzios and then gelato (no new flavors this time so we are still at 47 tasted flavors). Enzios has a nice patio on the street--we all talked to numerous people we know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least you saw SOME! And by the way, I love that Starbucks. The last time we were in Breck a local shop owner WOULDN'T direct me to where it was because she wanted me to go to a local coffee shop. Well, I marched myself down the street until I found it myself! :)