Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Not a good day!

All day Saturday I was looking forward to participating in Parker's Octoberfest. Last year it was hot and I had my first taste of Erdinger's hefervisen beer. I had been looking forward to this all year--Erdinger is hard to find and never I have seen it at a beer fest. We left the house at 4:00, planning on a beer, some kind of German food, and dancing to good um-pa music. At 4:19 it started to rain in Parker, when we arrived at the Octoberfest it was a downpour and must have been for some time because all the venders were pulling down their tents. The worst part the Erdinger beer truck was GONE! I would have had one in the rain--it's that good. All that was left was the accordianist playing basically to themselves. So we altered our taste buds and went for mexican food and Dos XXs amber.
Saturday morning started off with this view of fall in our back yard. The high was 48! Fall is my favorite season, but I think on September 12 that is a bit early, don't you!

No comments: