Thursday, February 5, 2009

Man's best friend


I must confess, I abused my dog. I was cutting out some burrs, she moved and I cut her ear. She is still my friend even though I injured her, she had to have stitches, she has to take a couple of pills and now is in this cast like contraption. I think she would think that the worst part is she missed a bike ride, a walk, she did get to sit outside most of today in a near perfect day--70 and no wind. The worst part for us--she snores more than usual. All will be back to normal in a week or so.

In case something happens to your dog's ear--it bleeds more than you can imagine, the first step is to stop the bleeding. Pressure works, fold the ear up on top of their head and wrap it so the injured ear does not hang down. Warning, if it is not wrapped and your dog shakes--blood will be sprayed everywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sadie...

Curtis Jones said...

We keep Mike pretty busy, Sadie's foot, Maddie's leg and now Sadie's ear.